To be the premier provider of risk & claims management services throughout the world, with demonstrably superior outcomes.
Our Values – The Gallagher Way
We care for our customers, our people, our owners, the community and their future. Our core values reflect our beliefs. They form our unique culture and are the ingredients that unite GB towards our purpose. The video below explores our company values, and how we live them every day.
The Gallagher Way was originally written in 1984 in a one page document by our former global chairman and CEO Robert E Gallagher. These tenets are the shared values that bind us together globally and form the framework for ‘Leading with Integrity’, our global business standards.
Our leadership team has localised these tenets to be meaningful to our unique culture, people and clients. Our living values provide transparent expectations of our behavioural standards whether you are a customer, employee, supplier or investor. Our core values are:
We believe our people…are our strength
- We support one another. We believe in one another. We acknowledge and respect the ability of one another.
- There are no second-class citizens – everyone is important and everyone’s job is important. We all need one another. We are all cogs in a wheel.
- We can all improve and learn from one another.
- We provide an enjoyable, safe and healthy workplace.
We trust…our people
- Integrity is the cornerstone of our organisation.
- We back our people to be creative, take risks and make decisions.
- To trust and be trusted is vital.
- Empathy is not a weakness…we are a warm, close company.
We lead…by example
- Our actions and attitudes determine our reputation.
- We never ask someone to do something we wouldn’t do ourselves.
- Loyalty and respect are earned – not dictated.
- We set clear direction…our people understand our goals…and their role in achieving them.
We are accountable…and accept responsibility
- We provide the tools to enable our people to take ownership and deliver.
- We run to problems…not away from them.
- We raise solutions…not issues.
- We get things done.
We take pride…in who we are and what we do
- We proudly provide an important service to the community.
- We passionately strive for professional excellence… together…as a team.
- We’re a very competitive company, whilst adhering to the highest standards of moral and ethical behaviour.
- We take pride in actively giving back to the community.
We deliver…for our customers
- We ensure that we understand our customers’ goals.
- We provide quality innovative solutions for our customers.
- We build long term business relationships.
- We endeavour to be our customers’ ‘trusted business partner’.
- Our customer testimonials sell our services.