Catastrophe Claims Management
GB is the only Australian TPA with the size, infrastructure and scalability to provide Catastrophe Claims Management services for large-scale catastrophic events.
GB has managed claims following some of the largest catastrophic events in the history of the Southern Hemisphere, and has been involved in managing claims for every major catastrophic event in Australia since 1998.
Our expert consultants offer strategic advice and consulting services to boards of directors, senior management and executive decision makers on the selection, design and implementation of catastrophe management strategies and compensation programs.
Our proven expertise and structured methodologies allow us to implement a quick strategic response to any catastrophic event. These strategies focus on identifying and limiting financial exposure and legal liability, preventing or limiting brand erosion and complementing business continuity procedures.
We are recognised as the industry leaders in this field, and regularly present at industry events on preparing for and managing catastrophic events. GB has been involved in successfully managing claims arising from hail storms, power loss, earthquakes, flooding, bushfires, contamination and cyclones.
Some of our results include:
- 30 people recruited within one month, 315 staff recruited within six months responding to 415,000 earthquake claims
- 119,000 contents claims successfully settled, 125,000 building claims successfully settled
- 410,000 claims payments successfully processed, totalling $4.5 billion
- Resolution of 10,000 business interruption claims following CBD power loss within 180 days of the event – without recourse to litigation
- Financial hardship claims resolved at an average 4.56 working days following flood losses.