Claims Management Services for Government Departments
Gallagher Bassett has been supporting federal, state and local Australian government departments with specialised outsourced claims management services since 1998. GB’s government experience includes managing the largest general insurance portfolio in Australia, the Federal Government’s Comcover scheme, which incorporates large and complex personal injury, professional risk and public liability portfolios for the government’s 160 Commonwealth agencies and departments. We leverage our unique experience to deliver cost effective and compliant handling of claims in all Australian jurisdictions, through our team of over 85 general insurance claims specialists.
Our services for Government departments
GB provides government departments with a complete range of claims management services, including:
- Tailored ‘end to end’ claims management programs, from notification of loss through to claim finalisation
- Award winning corporate governance framework to ensure compliance with all legislative requirements
- National team based in all Australian and New Zealand jurisdictions
- Dedicated relationship manager and performance management framework
- Operational and peer auditing to ensure consistency with agreed objectives
- 24/7 self-serve web based reporting systems uniquely tailored for government risk parameters – including real time alert functionality for new claims, reserve movements, payments and closures.
Benefits for Government entities
Benefits of GB’s service offering for government clients include:
- Reducing portfolio liabilities – GB generates a reduction in portfolio liabilities through robust cost containment strategies.
- Protecting your brand and reputation – GB deliver industry ‘best practice’ customer service initiatives, ensuring ALL stakeholders are satisfied and your department’s reputation is protected.
- Internal and stakeholder control frameworks – GB’s corporate governance framework provides you with the necessary peace of mind around business risk, SLA adherence and contractual compliance.
- Portfolio trends supported by management information – GB provide proactive oversight of portfolio performance and trending.