Are you ready for an exciting career in the insurance industry?
We are currently looking for individuals based in Darwin who are motivated to success and interested in a possible career in the insurance industry.
Make a positive impact on people’s lives!
At GB, one of our key responsibilities is to support individuals who have been injured in the workplace, and assisting in their return to employment. It requires care and compassion. And our Claims Officers are there every step of the way, supporting the individual’s recovery, liaising with employers and treating health practitioners, and positively influencing the return to work process.
In our Self-Insurance division, our claims team works particularly closely with our clients, the employers. This partnership helps employers reduce their insurance costs, and improve their business performance and safety record, whilst also supporting the return to work process.
Who are we looking for?
Are you completing a qualification in community services, psychological science, health science, applied social science, or Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care? Are you seeking a rewarding and meaningful career using your knowledge and skills in these areas? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Candidates must also have a passion for helping others, as this is part of our DNA at Gallagher Bassett. We’re here to support people through a difficult time, and empathy is important.
Another key component of our selection process is cultural fit. We have a strong culture here at GB, and we want to know that students entering our organisation will feel right at home. Whilst it’s difficult to understand a company’s culture until you join an organisation, we encourage you to read about our vision and company values on our website. We call it The Gallagher Way.
Other key criteria:
1. You are a domestic student, with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
2. You are scheduled to complete your studies mid-2020 or later.
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- six-weeks paid work experience over summer (January/February 2020)
- the opportunity to apply your knowledge to challenging, meaningful work
- relevant training and an individualised development program where you will participate in activities such as role shadowing, project work, and performing the specific duties of a Claims Officer
- regular coaching and support
- one-on-one mentoring
- a pathway to possible employment opportunities post-graduation.
How to Apply
Prepare your resume, and click here to apply.
Applications Close: Monday 2 September 2019