Andrew is an experienced Senior Insurance Executive with high level strategic and operational capabilities across a broad range of business functions including:
- sales and distribution
- claims and assessing management
- procurement and strategic sourcing
- supply chain and vendor management
- facilities and property management
Andrew’s career focus has been on the establishment and restructuring of large business units, with significant achievements in the identification and delivery of cost reductions.
In addition, Andrew has established Strategic Sourcing functions in both IAG and QBE, identifying savings of $30m pa.
More recently, Andrew’s appointment as Head of Claims for Lumley Australia saw the Lumley Claims function ranked number 1 by Brokers nationally.
Following his role with Lumley, Andrew took up two postings overseas. The first in Singapore as Head of Claims – Asia for IAG. Based in Singapore, this role had functional responsibility for claims across the region including operations in China, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, India and Indonesia.
Andrew was then promoted to the role of Deputy CEO of IAG’s Indian joint venture, SBIGeneral Insurance. As Deputy CEO, Andrew was also Head of India for IAG. Andrew was responsible for the redesign of SBIG’s operating model and the remediation of this business, delivering SBIG’s first ever profit and then doubling that profit in his 2nd year in the role.
- BEc, Economics
- Restructure of Lumley Claims and turnaround of business to be ranked number 1 by Brokers nationally.
- Remediation of Indian joint venture, SBI General Insurance, delivering the companies first ever profit following 7 years of increasing losses.
- Responsible for driving the Victorian Workers’ Compensation line of the business.