Damien has been with Gallagher Bassett for in excess of 20 years and is currently the General Manager – Integrated Claims Solutions. Whilst retaining responsibility for the national Catastrophe Response team, Damien assumes management of a number of distinct streams all designed in bolstering GB’s commercial and corporate capability locally and internationally.
Damien joined Gallagher Bassett in 1998 to manage the Queensland Liability Team, having worked as a Solicitor in private practice. He assumed the role of National Liability Adjusting Manager prior to undertaking the role of Queensland Branch Manager from 2002 until 2008.
In 2009, Damien moved to the role of National Business Development Manager, prior to accepting the position of General Manager Queensland the same year. Since this time, he has undertaken various senior general insurance roles across diverse operational, sales and management sectors.
Damien established our catastrophe response division in 2017 and has been involved in the majority of our rapid implementation projects since 1998.
- Bachelor of Laws
- Senior Associate of the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance
- Associate of the Australasian Institute of Chartered Loss Adjusters
- Member of the Australian Insurance Law Association
- Member Queensland Law Society
• Christchurch Earthquake Response – led the rapid deployment implementation of up to 340 claims staff to respond to the NZ earthquake disaster.
• Catastrophe Response Division – implemented the formal establishment of our catastrophe response division in 2017, following Cyclone Debbie.
INDUSTRY RECOGNITION & INVOLVEMENT:
- Catastrophic claims flood in – how can you keep your clients happy?: Insurance Business Australia, 2019