John has worked in the insurance industry for over 30 years and has held a range of senior national management positions across all sectors of the industry. This has included significant people and business leadership roles at Allianz, QBE, and JLT before joining Gallagher Bassett (GB) in 2004.
John first joined GB as Claims Operations Manager of the Victorian Workers’ Compensation team before taking over General Manager responsibilities in Victoria in 2005.
In 2012 he was promoted to Executive General Manager – Statutory Workers’ Compensation, responsible for all GB’s workers’ compensation claims in Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia.
In 2016, John became CEO of GB, responsible for ensuring the strategic growth of GB’s operations in Australia.
John specialises in strategic planning and implementation, with particular emphasis on promoting the voice of customer and innovation. John has great experience in managing major client relationships and implementing operational change.
- Graduate Diploma in Management, University of New South Wales 2012 to 2015
- Board Member of Personal Injury Education Foundation (PIEF)
- Member of the WorkSafe VIC Advisory Board – Minister Appointed
- Diversity and Inclusion: John drives D&I initiatives throughout the business such as signing the ‘The Soldier On Pledge’ and ‘The CEO Pledge‘. John has also attended external events including the recent Diversity Council of Australia’s CEO Roundtable event.
- Interview: “The Heart of Innovation”; Insurance Business Australia, 2019.
- Chair: National Workers’ Compensation Summit, 2019.