Shaun is responsible for all Self Insurance operations across Australia and will be accountable for his team’s delivery of excellent service and the provision of claims management expertise. He has good working relationships with regulators, corporate clients and Government Agencies.
Shaun began his career within the personal injury industry in 1998 at the Transport Accident Commission (TAC) in Victoria working in research analytics. Shaun joined GB in 2003 and has held numerous roles in this time:
- Impairment Benefits Specialist
- Risk Analyst
- Complaints Manager
- Corporate Services Manager
- Compliance Manager
- Account Manager
- National Self Insurance Manager
- General Manager – South Australia Workers’ Compensation
In 2003, Shaun joined GB as an Impairment Benefits the Worker’s Compensation department on all things relating to remuneration. Shaun has managed 2 start-up operations at Gallagher Bassett and is well equipped in change management, transition, risk and compliance and account management.
In 2015, Shaun was appointed General Manager SA and was responsible for approximately 200 staff. In this role, he has overseen the implementation of mobile Return To Work Specialists into SA and the New Return To Work Act 2014.
- Master of Arts, Asian Sustainable Development
- Certificate of Ocean Resources Management
- TAE40116 Cert IV Training & Assessment
- TAESS00014 Enterprise Trainer
- Impact Leadership (Proteus)
- Legislation reform and business transformation 2018: For the last 2 years Shaun has managed the transformation of our workforce under the direction of RTWSA to deploy what is now 60 mobile return to work staff. This involved a ramp up from 200 staff to 310 staff in order to facilitate the change. This was followed by a consolidation project requiring the reduction of resourcing, ultimately back to 200 staff once the changes were embedded. The successful execution of these changes has helped RTWSA become fully funded, their RTW rates are the best on record and employer premiums are the lowest on record.
- Self Insurance: Responsible the development and growth of this line of the business.
INDUSTRY INVOLVEMENT & RECOGNITION:
- Pain Revolution Ride; 2018 – 2019.