Accessing your personal and medical information

Accessing your personal and medical information

Under Victorian workers’ compensation legislation you have a right, subject to some specified exemptions, to access information related to your claim file.

You may make a request for information yourself or you can authorise another person as a:

  • Nominated representative – You may choose to nominate a person to represent you, e.g. a union representative, solicitor/lawyer, family member or friend, or
  • Legally appointed representative – You can have a legally appointed representative who acts on your behalf

Both must be accompanied by a current (within 24 months), specific and signed written consent or authority from you.

To make a request for information:

  • Email us
  • Call your case manager to fill out a internal verbal request from
  • Write to us at:

ATI Team

Gallagher Bassett Services

Locked bag 3570

Melbourne VIC 3001

Please include as much information as possible in your request as to which documents you are requesting and if for any reason the legislation restricts us from releasing information, we will provide you with reasons in writing.

For more information visit the WorkSafe website.